BY DATA, INFORMATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS CENTER • 08 October 2013 11:05
National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) held a National Seminar on research in disaster management. Seminar with the theme “Indonesia Disaster Management Academic Paper” took place on October 8th till 10th 2013 in the Lombok Raya Hotel, Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB). The seminar discusses academic paper from 12 universities in Indonesia.
This national seminar is intended to provide an academic discussion and practices within the framework to provide input to the draft made by 12 universities.
At the opening ceremony, Prof. Dr. Suwarji from the University of Mataram (UNRAM) expects that the proposed academic paper will be able to produce an action plan towards disaster management in the future. This would be beneficial in minimizing or reducing the impact of disasters. In addition, he initiated the formation of a consortium of disaster research groups. “This consortium will facilitate the dissemination studies in the disaster management”, said Suwarji. Associated with the development of knowledge on disaster, Suwarji added that UNRAM collaboration with GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) has established Lombok Geomagnetic Observatory which is essential in disaster management.
Director of the Directorate General DIKTI P2M, Agus Subekti, who accompanied the Vice Chancellor of the University of Mataram officially opened the national seminar on Wednesday morning (8/10), at the Lombok Raya Hotel, Mataram. 12 universities (PT), BNPB partners, universities in NTB province, the provincial BPBDs representative, and district BPBD at representatives, disaster practitioners, and the public were also attend the National Seminar.
The following academic texts on disaster at the Disaster Management Research National Seminar, October 8th till 10th, 2013, at Lombok Raya Hotel, NTB:
1. Academic paper
2. Tsunami academic paper from the University Syahkuala
3. Extreme Waves Disaster Academic paper from the University of Andalas
4. Forest fires Disaster Academic paper from Bogor Agricultural University
5. Industrial Accidents Academic paper from Surabaya Institute of Technology
6. Flood Academic paper from Diponegoro University
7. Landslide academic paper from the University of Gadjah Mada
8. Volcanic Disaster academic paper from UPN Veteran
9. Earthquake Disaster Academic from Institute of Technology Bandung
10. Drought Disaster Academic paper from Udayana
11. Epidemic Disaster Academic paper from Airlangga University
12. Floods academic paper from the University of Hasanuddin
Translated by Henrikus Adi Hernanto